Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 260 G2 DM (K8L27EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I executed a BOP update using file provided on HP webpage:

https://support.hp.com/pl-pl/drivers/selfservice/hp-260-g1-desktop-mini-pc/7375834/model/7375835?sku...

After reboot computer is not starting (blank screen). I tried to restore BIOS using Windows+B keys combination and creating a USB drive with BIOS, but computer is not starting.

How to recover BIOS?

Kind regards,

Marcin

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

what was your existing bios revision?

To support BIOS recovery, the existing BIOS must be updated to version 02.16 or later before recovery.

HP Recommended

Bios is in earlier version unfortunately. It was never updated before since manufacturing date.

What other options do I have to restore it?

HP Recommended

if the bios is actually bad.........none, at this point only HP or a service shop that can desolder and resolder a replacement bios to the board which will cost more than the laptop is worth

check if the laptop is still under HP warranty and if so use the warranty service

HP Recommended

Thank you for explanation. Actually it is long time after warranty, I'm using (I was using) it as home server for years ..  till yesterday. My bad.

From what I found on many forums seams that I'm not the first one who has same issue with that BIOS release. Plenty of people complains that there is something wrong with BIOS published on HP forum for that model as it is bricking laptop...

But nevermind, thanks for help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.