elkont
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP 290 G1 Microtower PC server 2008

HP Recommended
HP 290 G1 Microtower PC
Other

i try to instal windows server 2008 ,  in first step keyboard and mouse not work , i looking for any solution for that

thank you for your cooperation 

2 REPLIES 2
Lakki
Level 3
Level 3
28 26 3 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi elkont

Greeting for the day!!

Hp is not tested the Windows Server 2008 on the unit and does not have the drivers in the HP Site,

Unit is shipped with Skylake Processor and its latest technology processor so while installing the Legacy OS and System board integrated with USB 3.0 Ports because of that USB Mouse and KB might not work

On best effort basis you can try this steps, please inject the USB 3.0 drivers to the OS and then try to install the OS and check

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
karim_me
Level 3
Level 3
40 40 1 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

You can follow the below article to add the usb 3 driver to your windows 2008 image : 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020682/server-products.html

you can download the usb 3 driver from the below link : 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14NbAB_vDmYJzW4ipqsXeVhrfFE_vP-rh/view?usp=sharing

after downloading and extrcting the "Intel Windows 7* USB 3.0 Creator Utility", you will find a directory called "USB_Drivers", remove the contain and copy the two directories  x64 and x86 from the usb 3 drivers that you will download : 

intel_usb30_skl\Intel USB3.0 Driver 5.0.3.42\Drivers\Win7

Best Regrds

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation