09-12-2017 11:47 AM
Been having an issue with our new HP 2D Scanners since implementation, we had to convert back to linear scanners and leave a few test stores running the new scanners until the issue is resolved.
After working with both HP support multiple times, as well as our POS provider we have no resolution as of 3 months since initial deployment.
Workstation: HP RP7 7800
OS: Windows Embedded POS Ready 7 (32bit)
All machines have the same specs, 4GB RAM, etc.
Scanner: BW868AT -or- HP 2D Scanner 4430
Essentially what is happening is after a few minutes of the scanner being idle, it goes into a "sleep mode" of some form. After it does this, when attempting to scan the first item the computer will make the "New Hardware Found" noise twice, then after waiting a few seconds you can successfully begin scanning again.
What we have done per POS provider & HP support recommendations:
- Updated USB-COM, OPOS, and Common Control Objects to both newest and previous version combinations of software. Common Control Objects was installed last. I am downloading these installers directly from HP website for the specific model of the scanner.
- Turned off USB Selective Suspend Mode in Advanced Power Settings on the computer.
- Disabled "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager, Power Management for every USB root hub.
- The Scanner was programmed with scan barcodes for OPOS Mode & Always on.
- The Scanner was programmed with the USB Scanner Configuration & Firmware Utility by disabling Sleep Mode and setting it to Always On.
- Our A/V & Windows Firewall have been ruled out as the cause of the issue. We completely disabled both on a handful of machines and that made no difference.
- Reset BIOS to default settings.
- Scanner Factory Default Reset, holding trigger for 30 seconds, then reapplying scan barcodes for configuration.
- Updated POS.Net from 1.12 to 1.14.
- Updated Chipset to newest version
Our POS vendor has multiple other clients using these scanners with no issues.
I'm at a loss as to what may be causing this issue. Has anybody encountered this issue and found a resolution? Any other ideas to get this resolved?