Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 870-095na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Out of boredom, I guess, I was randomly clicking in HP Assistant only to discover that less-than-one month after buing my PC I cannot extend its warranty:

Unfortunately, the warranty of this product can no longer be extended.

And redirection to https://www.best2serve.com/ takes place.

I am pretty sure that it was possible before. What's changed?

Best,

Tad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@krzemien - Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

And @Dragon-Fur I'm glad you've assisted the user while we were away, Kudos to you. 😉

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@krzemien

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgThere are two listed Care Packs available for this Product Number

Care Pack Services for:   Y0Z74EA  -  OMEN by HP 870-095na DT PC

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgIf the (above) link fails for you, start at Care Pack Center website and enter your Product Number:

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:

Care Pack Central

CarePack Definitions:

Care Pack Services Definitions

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgIf still no joy, open a Case with HP and ask about Care Pack for your system:

Submit case - Desktops

Open HP Customer Support - Desktops & All-in-One PCs

Enter your precise Model / Product name in the space provided and Click Search icon

OR

Select 1 > Narrow your Selection >> Click on the icon for your desktop / All-in-One type / series

When your computer page opens > Click last tab (on the right): Get Help from HP

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Answered? Click this post Accept as Solution to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, will look into this.

I was actually trying to contact Support today and had to fill the online form - and once I did it it told me that status of my warranty cannot be confirmed?

To convolute matters more, when I go to the other place:

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/checkwarranty

And use automatic check, it shows the same:

HP was unable to find a match based on the information provided

However, when I enter my serial number manually, it's fine? HP Support Assistant also shows that I'm covered.

Can someone from HP look into this and correct please?

HP Recommended

@krzemien

The Warranty Check "run around" is under review at HP.

Try:

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

You may still need to provide the serial number...

Did the warranty check issue result in a failure to submit your case to HP?

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks - this has worked for me either.

@Dragon-Fur wrote:
Did the warranty check issue result in a failure to submit your case to HP?

Not sure what you mean here I'm afraid - I simply clicked dispute and was notified that it's going to be looked at within 24 hours.

HP Recommended

@krzemien

Edits:

Content removed - useless and apparently confusing.  Rats.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Well, first of all it would be good if it all worked correclty, don't you agree?

Secondly, I would like to have it sorted ASAP as this (I understand) might prevent me from raising concerns or issues using online forms.

My enquiry was warranty-related in that sense that it relates to numerous BSODs I experience with this PC from the first day I own it - was checking the next steps.

HP Recommended

@krzemien

@krzemien wrote:

Well, first of all it would be good if it all worked correctly, don't you agree?

Secondly, I would like to have it sorted ASAP as this (I understand) might prevent me from raising concerns or issues using online forms.

My enquiry was warranty-related in that sense that it relates to numerous BSODs I experience with this PC from the first day I own it - was checking the next steps.

OK.. yes, of course, it is better when things work as expected.

I am sorry you are frustrated.

I will ask for someone to take a look -- if you did manage to get a case number (do not post it here); have it ready.  If there is a response to my inquiry, you will hear back.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@krzemien - Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

And @Dragon-Fur I'm glad you've assisted the user while we were away, Kudos to you. 😉

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for putting some wheels into motion for me.

I've been away for a few days but was contacted privately (via forum) indeed and will follow this subject up from next Monday onwards.

Best,

Tad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.