Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6000 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After trying every lead on the internet, I found a video of a youtuber stating business class desktops and laptops cannot have their bios passwords reset conventionally and would need a special file from HP to put on a legacy type usb drive to flash. Is this correct? If so can anyone help me get a file for my system? I purchased 3 HP Compaq 6000 pro AIO units from a liquidation and found that the bios has been locked. They came with no hard drive or ram and I had to purchased those separatley... now I have to get these to work or I will be in a bigger hole.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

to reset the bios password  ( if Stringent Password  has not been enabled) power off the system, remove the power cord and press the front power button

look for a green two pin jumper on the motherboard, this should be the password reset jumper remove it and the cmos battery (if you can't reach the battery skip this step) the AIO board may or may not have this jumper depending on if the board is a laptop based motherboard which may not have the jumper, or simply a micro sized motherboard which should have the jumper

now power on and you should be able to access the bios, if so power off and replace the cmos battery and the reinstall the two pin green jumper

power on again and enter the bios and set options, save and exit bios

https://www.ht.com.au/attach/Files/_8D329EA6-1C7E-4607-855A-3C1C06F7DCC3.pdf

as a last resort ebay has replacement boards for 20.00 each (8-13-2019)

https://www.ebay.com/p/HP-Compaq-6000-Pro-All-in-One-PC-Motherboard-607818-001/1400503319

HP Recommended

I could not find the jumper on this unit. It is the All IN ONE and the board looks similar to a laptop build. I tried taking the battery out for a half hour and also holding the cmos reset button for 5 seconds while battery was out and nothing was plugged in to no avail. Any other methods?

HP Recommended

Correction, I managed to find a detailed map of my motherboard and found the jumper. For those who are going through this, the jumper i located right underneath the ram slots, opposite side of the cmos button which is above the ram slots. I pulled the jumper out and started the pc, it cleared. I entered the bios and exited it saving the default settings and turned the pc off to put the jumper back in.

Thank you for you help. This case has been solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.