Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all,

We are getting the following error when trying to image a HP t630 ThinPro 6.1 Smart Zero:-

Capture image to the Master Repository.
Failed to upload Test4.dd.gz to /Repository/Images/Test4_1.
PWD - 257
ErrorCode: 34603008, Error Info: ../../Task/common/MachiningTask.h@40: Failed to handle post image.
../../Task/linux/ImageTask_Thinpro.cpp@1581: Imaging operating failed.
../../Task/common/ImageTask.cpp@255: Error Code: 8
../../Task/common/ImageTask.cpp@254: Failed to login the File Transfer Server.

The repository passes tests and we can successfully use the "_File and Registry" template to capture files from the same device.  The FTP log shows good communication with the client device.

Any Help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Chen,

The issue is now resolved after changing the password to just have alpha and numeric characters.  It was a $ special character causing the problem.

Many thanks for your help.

Dave

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What is the DM Agent version? have you update the agent to the SP9 accordingly? 

Is there any special characters in the FTP login user name and password?  

Are you using hostname or IP address as repository server address?

Is this happened on multiple unit or single unit? Have you try resend the capture image task?

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Hi Chen,

The DM agent version is 4.7.3671.20129 and is deployed to all thin clients

The FTP user name is just lower case alpha characters, however the password does have a special character in it. I will change to see if this helps

We are using a hostname.

This is happening on all of the clients and we have resent the capture task many times.

I’ll get back to you will an update on the password

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Chen,

The issue is now resolved after changing the password to just have alpha and numeric characters.  It was a $ special character causing the problem.

Many thanks for your help.

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

I guess that's a typo but please double confirm the agent version should be 4.7.3671.29129.

Also if you're using hostname as the file server address, please make sure you use the FQDN instead of the computer name. We have known issue that in some cases, computer name doesn't work when entering the minilinux (used for imaging)

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Good to see you have find the root cause.

Just FYI, 4.7 SP10 has fixed the password issue. With SP10, you're allowed to set special characters except comma.

We have released SP10 and just need a few days to be available in public.

I am an HPI Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.