hamandpickles
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Device Manager Clean up

HP Recommended
T620
Other

I have tried to search the forum but have been unable to find anyone with a similar issue that I am having.

What I am trying to do is is clean up my inventory of computers listed that have not been on for a certain period of time. I have had issues in the past with deleting machines and having them rediscover automatically. I have had to add them manually once they were deleted. This was with 4.6 that I had that issue, but since then I have not deleted devices that I knew were going to back into production.  

I am not opposed to deleted the computers if I am able to auto discover them again or I would not mind if nessecarry do delete them individaully. I am not sure if this is possible or not but I have not been able to find a way to do this either though HPDM docs or the forum. 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Chen_HPDM
Level 7
Level 7
504 502 51 84
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Basically you have to configure 2 things:

1. Device auto discovery: use either DHCP option or DNS record. Check the "Device Discovery - Automatic registration" section for detail.

2. Filter out those old devices not showing up for specific time: Create device filter with criteria "Last Time Online (Dynamic)", set the value based on your need. For instance "Last Time OnLINE (Dynamic) Over 30 days". Check those devices being filtered periodically and delete them per needs.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MI-W
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to hijack a late thread here but it seems the reporting is either off or I am configuration is incorrect.

When configuring the report with "Last Time Online (Dynamic) it indeed pulls the hardware list but the interesting part is it shows the status on hte units as "on" I can even ping the units as well as shadow them.

The last status checkin date is accurate and is showing "30 days out"

I could add a column with status "off"and sort on that but I am concerned with the accuracy of the "Last Time Online" flag.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation