Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T530
Other

Hi there,

I am currently setting up a new HP Device Manager environment for a PoC.
I have set up everything, and everything works. 

Sending tasks to the clients works fine.

I have configured 1 thinclient as example for capturing images etc.

But whatever I do, it does not woirk.
I used the cached and the non-cached version, but I just won't work.

Error:

2018-03-09 11:18:18 [Error Details]: Capture image to the Master Repository. Failed to upload fil_019_t530 to /Repository/Images/fil_019_t530_1. Failed to execute CaptureImage task. ErrorCode: 1074176, Error Info: ../../Task/common/MachiningTask.h@39: Check image supported method error. ../../Task/linux/ImageTask_ThinPro6.cpp@127: For now ThinPro6 task image does not support SMB.

2018-03-09 11:38:11 [Error Details]: Capture image to the Master Repository. Failed to upload 019_tp6 to /Repository/Images/019_tp6_1. Failed to execute CaptureImage task. ErrorCode: 1074176, Error Info: ../../Task/common/MachiningTask.h@39: Check image supported method error. ../../Task/linux/ImageTask_ThinPro6.cpp@118: For now ThinPro6 capture image task does not support Preload mode.

thx for the help in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please provide the HPDM Server version and HPDM Agent version(on ThinPro unit) to help debugging? 

What protocols have you been set in the Master Repository Configuration?  It has SMB from the log, anything else? 

Can you please try FTP or HTTPS? 

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Hi Chen,

How do I change it from SMB to (S)FTP?

I just select the _Capture_Image template and type in the name.

HPDM Version: 4.7.3610.27553 SP8

ThinClient

Image Version: T7X62022

BIOS Version: M41 v01.02

Agent Version: 4.7.3671.25307

HP Recommended

Hi,

Keep in mind to update the DM Agent version accordingly before managing your Thin Client.

In your case, please send "_Update Agent" template to your test unit, after a while, you should be able to see the updated  version 4.7.3671.27542.

Try the imaging with cached mode again, it should be supported with this version.

Regarding changing the file transfer protocol, navigate to "Tools" -> "Repository Management" on you HPDM Console. Edit the Master Repository item in the Repository Management dialog to add FTP protocol.

You have to install a standalone FTP server on your own before adding this protocol.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Dear Chen,

The FTP-option had been enabled already:

Knipsel.JPG

I have updated the agent on my test unit and re-tried the image capture, I got the following error:

2018-03-12 10:21:08 [Error Details]: Capture image to the Master Repository. Failed to upload 019_tp6_1 to /Repository/Images/019_tp6_2. Failed to execute CaptureImage task. ErrorCode: 1074176, Error Info: ../../Task/common/MachiningTask.h@40: Check image supported method error. ../../Task/linux/ImageTask_ThinPro6.cpp@119: For now ThinPro6 capture image task does not support Preload mode.

*EDIT*
I have used the test on the Repository Configuration Wizard:

Verifying the Remote Access for selected protocols...
For SMB, successful.
For FTP, successful.
Remote access verification ends.

Verifying the remote access is aligned with Master Repository Controller access...
For SMB, successful.
For FTP, successful.
Master Repository Controller access verification ends.

HP Recommended

Can you please try capturing directly instead of cached mode?

I am an HPI Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.