Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Device Manage
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and older

Hi,

We've recently upgraded HP Device Manager from v4.7 SP10 to SP11 to support ThinPro v7.1 but have an issue executing '_File and Registry' tasks since the upgrade.

For example we have a template to deploy Citrix Workspace client. A sub-task to deploy the  installation file 'CitrixWorkspaceApp-18.10.0hp1d-ThinPro-6.1_6.1.1.xar' to /tmp works fine. The installation command "xarinstall /tmp/CitrixWorkspaceApp-18.10.0hp1d-ThinPro-6.1_6.1.1.xar" however fails with error code 14004022: Command line error when run.

The problem occurs with both ThinPro 5 and ThinPro 6 templates. These templates worked fine prior to the Service Pack upgrade.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please try use 'script' task instead of 'command' task? 

Script task is more powerful and is about to capture the stdout by using echo

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Make sure you tell the script to start in the correct directory by doing:

"cd /tmp"

"xarinstall /tmp/CitrixWorkspaceApp-18.10.0hp1d-ThinPro-6.1_6.1.1.xar"

(remove the quotes)

Or try the newer version for ThinPro 7.1 located on the HP Update Center "CitrixWorkspaceApp-19.3.0hp1d-ThinPro-7.1".

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've tried changing to the /tmp folder before running the xarinstall install command, same problem.

The issue is not with the update itself, I have the same problem with any update I try to install whether it is for Thinpro 5 or Thinpro 6, haven't tried Thinpro 7.1 yet.

Also, if I log into the TC as admin and run an X terminal command prompt, the update will install successfully using the 'xarinstall /tmp/CitrixWorkspaceApp-18.10.0hp1d-ThinPro-6.1_6.1.1.xar' command from the 'root@<hostname>:/#' default command line location so I know I'm installing the correct update for the ThinPro OS I'm trying to install the update on.

All other HP Device Manager operations, e.g. update agent tasks, imaging tasks, registry update tasks, changing root pw etc work successfully after installing the HPDM service pack update, the only issue I have is installing the updates.

I have the agent.log and child.log file from the TC if it helps and there is a way to upload the files

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please try use 'script' task instead of 'command' task? 

Script task is more powerful and is about to capture the stdout by using echo

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Not used the script option before, only deploy files and then command option. 

Can you give me an example or can I use the same commands e.g.

cd /tmp

xarinstall /tmp/CitrixWorkspaceApp-18.10.0hp1d-ThinPro-6.1_6.1.1.xar

HP Recommended

Sorry I don't have environment by side here, so not able to verify.

But to get the sample, you can try import template from HP Update Center through HPDM Console.

Filter ThinPro and choose any of the ICA add-ons listed there to generate a template.

I believe with that template, you should be able to understand how script works.

I will send you an example if you still can't figure it out by next Monday.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Successfully installed updates using the 'script' sub-task.

Looks like there must have been a change in SP11 which affects the way the 'command' sub-task works.

What would you use the 'command' sub-task for ?

HP Recommended

Script task will be the future - considering to support various types of languages.

Personally I don't use Command, it is there for those already created template.

I am an HPI Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.