Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

My Elite 8000 Ultra Small computer has a small problem.

The network cable connector keeps blinking, even when the computer is shutdown.

Any remedy??

Hans

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Certainly.

Just unplug the CAT5 cable.

That can be done whether the PC is powered on or off.

The blinking led will immediately stop and go dark. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Why is that a problem?   CAT5 Connectors are not capable of blinking?

The device it is connected to is a NIC and it has a  power led and a connection type led.

There is no network traffic and the current draw is minuscule, considering the NIC is not powered on.

NIC_LEDs.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

It is a very small problem indeed.

It draws my attention at night, when the room is dark.

I was just wondering if the permanent blinking could be stopped one way or another.

HP Recommended

Certainly.

HP Recommended

@ericowrote:

Certainly.

If I unplug the cable modem I will no longer have access to the internet to complete my work.

HP Recommended

cover the blinking light with tape and be done with it

HP Recommended

@DGroves

I do not disagree with that.  😉 

The

NIC adapters are supposed to blink 

In order to keep the content relevant and help keep the forum current, I will be blocking new replies to this old resolved thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.