Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite Slice
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

i just went through couple of lists which contain Win 11 compatible devices from HP, and I know that the main mandatory thing is TPM2.0, however I would like to get some info on HP Elite Slice in that regards.

Win 11 is not out yet, I know, and Elite Slice is like End of Sale either way, since released around 2016/2017 or so, its not the  newest device.

The Slice has TPM2.0 and with 7th Gen Intel CPU (G2 version of Slice) it seems to likely work, even MS saying that CPUs from Intel 8th Gen and higher are minimum or at least recommended.

Will there be any support on drivers (maybe even new Win11 section on driver dropdown) or in general on those, as those units are still pretty often used for stuff as MS Teams?
Or are there yet any plans on new versions (with new chipset/CPU gen) or replacement series for Elite Slice?
Im just a fan of that ol' beauty.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is too early for anyone to give you an answer to your question.

This is all HP has on the subject of W11...

Are You Ready for Windows 11? | HP® Official Site

If you have been following the news on W11, there is still a chance that Microsoft will lower the CPU requirement to the Intel 7th gen core processors...Stay tuned...

Microsoft To Test 7th Gen Intel, 1st Gen Ryzen on Windows 11 | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing both links and the comment here overall.
Yea i am looking forward to get it work either way.
Just was bit afraid, like in early Win10 state the drivers werent that good, and with 21H1 I again suffered 1-2 even minor issues caused by bad drivers. Nothing which couldnt be fixed, and maybe it was just me.
Either way, looking forward and lets see what future and W11 brings!
Myself stays tuned!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You could install the W11 developer version on there now and test it out.

I'm running W11 Pro in an old HP 8200 Elite CMT. 

I had a spare 2.5" SSD, so I unplugged the drive with W10 on it and clean installed W11 by using the tricks out there on the internet to bypass the system checks.

The only things it has that meet the W11 system requirements, is it has a UEFI BIOS, and the dx12 graphics requirements, since I had installed a Nvidia GT 1030 graphics card it in a few years ago.

It only has an Intel 2nd gen core processor, TPM 1.2, and does not support secure boot.

W11 runs great.  Fast, smooth, no crashes...I had to use some W7/W10 drivers on a couple of devices but they installed just fine.

HP Recommended

Oh wow, kudos to that. I remember working with HP 8100 and 8200 Elite's, they are nice, reliable and super robust devices.
Well the Slice has at least TPM2.0 and being pretty optimistic here now.
Still, it wouldnt hurt if there will be some G3 version of this machine with Intel 11th gen or so somewhen in future.
I managed one to get one upgraded to  7th gen i7 CPU and still offers plenty of power, but still.
Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.