Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite Slice

Hi,

any reason why the HP Elite Slice product wasnt further developed and doesnt receive any new hardware/gets a refresh?
Is it discontinued?
I already created a similar thread here:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Elite-Slice-G3-...

Hence even it was surpassed technically by other systems of HP and other vendors, it still looks cool to me.
I may think about purchasing one, but am unsure about the Bang & Olufson module where I dont find any exact specs/reviews about sound quality, not sure if 20 Euro speaker by Logitech are still better or not.

Still most questions from the unanswered thread linked above are open but hey I am happy for every response which gives a bit insight.
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

in this case, I advise you to contact the HP store in your country, they will probably be able to tell you which product is right for you!
It is possible as it sometimes happens, that either Hp moves on to something else, they no longer make this type of product, or they launch a new range instead ...
I am not an employee of HP I cannot answer this
Please mark an answer to finalize this discussion, if that suits you!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
maybe i don't understand your question
But on the site Fr, I just found some models, it is that always on sale!
If there are limitations it may be a choice marketting, cost, sale price ...
But only Hp could answer, and I doubt that it will be done here!
As for HP, at 20 € you have a certain quality, I know that at logit .. There is not necessarily an obligation to put a lot of money, for some devices, but it remains a choice!
at this price you have the correct HP, but if you want something better, you will have to buy quality speakers, so more expensive, it all depends on what you need!
After that it’s not here, where you have to be able to advertise, for other brands 😋

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Promethee,

thanks for the quick response and sorry for calling another vendor here (Logit...), thats a no go, my bad.

I admit even on my local HP store page a few Slices are still available but just the "bigger" and more expensive meeting room versions with bigger speakers on top and either Zoom/Teams whatever, which I dont need.
I can understand this primarily designed for meeting rooms but i am more interested in the "sleaker" versions (G1 likely). There are still a lot in HP Renew program and sold under.

By discontinued i more meant in relation to receiving some hardware refresh, i mean Intel 6th and 7th gen is a thing of 3-4 years ago, quite outdated. Will be there "refresh" somewhen soon?

Then again i could surely buy some small Pro/EliteDesk which offers 95% still of what I need and is receiving like a yearly refresh.... even its design is not comparable to Slice ones even still OK.

You are probably right about comparing real soundsystems with some 80-100 Euro priced sound module, its more a thing of sparing space and having it all in One system for a clean desk, sound performance probably cant be compared. Few comments/ratings on sites like Ama... say either bad or slightly better than usual laptop sound.
Thanks.

HP Recommended

in this case, I advise you to contact the HP store in your country, they will probably be able to tell you which product is right for you!
It is possible as it sometimes happens, that either Hp moves on to something else, they no longer make this type of product, or they launch a new range instead ...
I am not an employee of HP I cannot answer this
Please mark an answer to finalize this discussion, if that suits you!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.