Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey,

I have a second HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF that Doesn't Power On.

Tested Power Supply, tested without all unnecessary cables and devices and nothing, and it's not from power button.

Tested with Multimeter and works.

I don't believe it's CPU... This motherboard receives 12v and supply other voltages to the devices, maybe the problem is there!

I have 2 HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF with the same problem.

HP a lil help here?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

this motherboard uses a non ATX standard power supply and pinout

the power supply is basically a 12v only output with all other voltages derived directly on the motherboard which has the necessary voltage regulators

you can test the power supply by probing the +12 and ground outputs while the supply is connected to the motherboard

or use a pwr converter to convert the HP supply to a std ATX supply

https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Power-Adapter-Workstation-12-inch/dp/B06XW7RWNH/ref=pd_lpo_147_t_1/145...

once the pwr supply is ruled out that leaves the board as the problem

last method is to try a board replacement with a known good 6200/6300 pro or 8200/8300/800 G1 board

HP Recommended

Hey Dgroves,

That's what i said about the PS.

Already tested and 12v are present.

The problem i guess is on the MB or CPU, but i don't think its CPU.

Probably its some regulator damaged or the IO chip. 

But it's the second PC with this problem, i think it's some manufacture defect.

MB for this devices are a lil expensive...

HP Recommended

i see NUMEROUS MOTHERBOARDS on the ebay US site for around 14.00 so i fail to see what so expensive

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2512315.m570.l1311&_nkw=hp+elitedesk+800+g1+sff+m...

HP Recommended

Well, im from Portugal.

The boards are for a school where i work and they need i think its VAT in the invoice. Can't pay more on shipping than on the MB. 

HP Recommended

even with VAT and shipping from usa board cost is well under 60.00

and ebay portugal will also have these boards listed for local non VAT charges

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.