Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IMG_20210520_152248928.jpgIMG_20210520_152205155.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

is there possibly a question related to your statement on board failure?

HP Recommended

Hi dear ,

yes, please. actually I put these two photos of my main-board to show the damages occurred. It is belong to an HP 800 G3. I turn off the PC and the other day it is not powered on anymore. Power source was an APC 2000 UPS, so the power is not the issue. But on the day of incident, I add one HDD (SAMSUNG MZVLW512HMJP) to this computer. It has around 370 GB of data and I enabled Bit-locker on this 2nd drive as well I just noticed a lot of activities started to encrypt the content which apparently lead to overheating the chip-set on main-board as depicted in the previous photos.

HP Recommended

Shamsiv,

That is extraordinary damage. I have never seen or heard of that extreme, specific damage that seems so localized to the chipset.

It doesn't seem feasible that any processing or I/O load could cause that.

When replacing the motherboard, consider having a professional test of and/or replacing the power supply also.

Sorry you're having the trouble.

BambiBoomZ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.