Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 Touch AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP EliteOne 800 Touch AIO Desktop PC: K1K45UTR#ABA.

On April 2 my touch screen stopped working. It seems like the Enter key is permanently pressed and as soon as I try to writ something the enter key is pressed and I only can enter 3 to 4 letters. If opening any text editor, the enter key goes infinitely without a way to stop it. I tried changing the keyboard, mouse, it didn't work.

Then I uninstalled Windows updates from April 2, it worked, but only for around 4 hours, and then the problem is back.  The computer is now not usable and need your help to find a solution please.  In order to access the control panel to uninstall I have to place the mouse pointer on search, write asap "cont", then open control panel and unistall, but that only worked for some time.

Is this software related? Help please. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Try uninstalling the HID ( Human Interface Device ) driver from device manager and then restart the unit.

Make sure that the system is connected to the network while you perform the activity.

Also, install the latest drivers available on the HP site.

Regards,

SaSa

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.  

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.