Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G4 Desktop Mini PC(4CZ90EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,

I have filed a claim with HP for issues with the unit's GPU since five months ago. The issue (no ability to display HDR content, despite having this ability mentioned in the product specifications) has been noticed by other users as well.

Whenver this issue was borught up on this platform, HP support employee has asked to find a soultion after discussing in private.

After five months of testing and being asked to wait, I have been informed that this techical probem is not to be solved with software intervention, and hardware replacement is simply too expensive.

As a consequence of the above, HP offered a buy-back . However, I do not have the POP (proof of Purchase), so customer support has just shut the door on me, claiming that they offer only this option.

Can you please explain:

• if this is a problem of production with all the 400 G4 units sold, why did HP not make a general callback or at least announce the issue ?
  • How come HP can decide unilaterally to do a Buy-Back, even if I clearly explain that this is not what I wish ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Alex121B 

We hear every day from customers that want (or demand) that we in some way intervene with HP Support.

As you know, we are a volunteer workforce - owners and users of HP devices and technology.

We have an indirect means to requesting review of those items for which we cannot offer any help.

Review is not automatic resolution nor is it a means of circumventing decisions made by HP.

That said, we can certainly forward a request for you.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@ Dragon Fur:

Thanks for your reply.

I am not making any claim from you, but actually wish to see that the way HP treats customers comes to light.

In this sense, I indend to disclose all corespondence with the HP support on multiple websites.

As the issue I faced is common to all units of this kind, I think it is important to add this to the known issues list for this unit.

With kind regards,

Alex

HP Recommended

@Alex121B 

OK.  I do understand.

What you are asking of us is sensitive in nature and we have limited options for response.

We are a public website and we adhere to  HP Support Community: Rules of Participation

So far, so good, then.

Please await the possible response from an agent.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@ dragonfly:

I see that this platform is actually lacking any support.

This was a bit to be expected sice you are dependent on HP for income.

Will address thia as well on other forums. Maybe there will be more actual interest of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.