Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MintyFresh668
Level 1
6 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool on my Z840 says only HP devices supported will not launch

HP Recommended
Z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just installed the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool on my Z840  but when I start it it puts a dialogue error box up and says 'only HP devices supported' and then will not launch the diagnostics tools.

Thsi is an HP supplied Z840 workstation and all other HP applications seem to be OK i,e the Support Assistant etc.

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,510 4,493 411 945
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

was this downloaded directly from HP? or did you click on a 3rd party's web site link to download it. if so you may have a outdated of the diag program

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

next are you running it from the Hard drive or from a USB key?

From USBKEY:

If the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics cannot load the extended tests from the hard drive, a properly prepared USB device can be used to boot the PC into an extended testing environment. To prepare a USB device, download and install the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) on a USB device.
  1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Insert the USB device containing the latest version of the PC Hardware Diagnostics into a USB port on the computer.
  3. Turn on the computer, then press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
       NOTE:
    If you cannot start the computer from the USB storage device, temporarily disable Secure Boot from the BIOS. For instructions to disable Secure Boot, see Secure Boot (Windows 10) or Secure Boot (Windows 😎.
  4. Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
    Figure : Startup Menu
    Startup Menu
  5. Select your preferred language from the list.
    The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics home page opens, showing the version number and USB.
    Figure : HP PC Hardware Diagnostics main menu
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen
    The system is ready to begin testing.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation