Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 (23-p030na)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Around 2 years ago, I purchased a touchscreen HP Pavilion 23 (23-p030na) for around £700 from Currys/PC World. But whilst using it, I felt it never met up to my expectations, as it was/is incredibly slow (with both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10), it had terrible connection to internet (I used the computer in several locations around my house AND compared it to the speeds on other computers in the house) AND when you actually search for the model of my computer, the exact one I purchased literally doesn't exist! The only website that has this actual computer and not a different pavilion computer is on a HP page. On this HP page however, the computer actually isn't for purchase and I can't find anywhere where it is, which definitely doesn't make me feel better about it. 

What I want to know is what actually happened? Was it recalled, revoked, etc? Also is there anything I can do to get my money back as I'm fairly certain that I cannot return it to the store as it has been a long time since I purchased it. 

Thank you. 

UPDATE: 

1: I did expect the speeds to be slow as it is an all-in-one PC but they are a lot worse than I predicted.

2: Sorry about the message board I put it in, there weren't any on All-in-one pcs or anything to do with my issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LorisB wrote:

... the exact one I purchased literally doesn't exist! The only website that has this actual computer and not a different pavilion computer is on a HP page. ....

Hi,

Is it the following one ?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04346633

It has a good specs actually. Please check product number on your machine, is it the same one (J2H24EA) ? If yes, please try one of the following options after backing up ALL data/files:

(a) rebuild it (do a factory settings),

(b) clean install Windows 10 using Windows 10 Anniversary ISO.

I would try (b) above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LorisB wrote:

... the exact one I purchased literally doesn't exist! The only website that has this actual computer and not a different pavilion computer is on a HP page. ....

Hi,

Is it the following one ?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04346633

It has a good specs actually. Please check product number on your machine, is it the same one (J2H24EA) ? If yes, please try one of the following options after backing up ALL data/files:

(a) rebuild it (do a factory settings),

(b) clean install Windows 10 using Windows 10 Anniversary ISO.

I would try (b) above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It is that one thank you! I did factory reset it around 4 months ago, and it only helped slightly, but I will try the second option.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

The HP 23 is a lemon.  My computer has gone back to HP numerous times.  It went back shortly after I got it.  It skips keys and works sometimes.  Other times, it does nothing. Nada.  Zippo.

I talk to HP and they don't acknowledge that sometimes there's defective products within the batch of computer parts.  It happens.

Meantime, we're all trying to make a living off our HP computers.  Most reps talk to us like were just using it for social media?  No way. 

We use HP printers and have 3 HP computers at our office in the building we own.  We're not slackers.    Customer loyalty is a big issue for us.  We have over 1500 hundred clients for our business and we've owned the business for 35 years.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.