Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 600 g1 sff

Hi, 

I recently picked up a used HP prodesk 600 g1 sff. I wanted to change the bios to enable VTx, and to disable AMT. 

I can get to the right screen in bios by going to Security > System Security (for VTx), and Advanced > AMT Configuration for AMT. But I cannot change anything (i.e., pressing "enter" on any of the options does not change it). 

The bios version is L01 v02.71.

This is a core i5 4570 (with a baseboard Baseboard ID:  18E7). 

Can someone please help?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

try resetting the cmos back to FACTORY defaults by,

power off, remove pwr cord, press pwr button for 5 sec

open case, remove cmos battery wait 5 sec, reinstall battery and close case power on and enter bios

note if you have a bios password set you can remove it by power off, locate the GREEN password jumper which covers 2 pins of a 4 pin block, move the jumper to the other two pins wait 5 sec, then move jumper back to orig pins and close case and power on, bios password should be removed

HP Recommended

Thank you. I tried your suggestion (reset the CMOS, removed bios password). But the problem still persisted.

By sheer accident I figured out the solution - Bios expects "arrow" keys to change the setting from disable to enable! You got to hand it to the engineer who came up with this brilliant idea, and chose not to document it anywhere.

Anyway, now I have managed to enable VMx and to disable AMT.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.