3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Proliant DL560

HP Recommended
HP Proliant DL560
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

I just aquired a Proliant DL 560,It was used as a spare and never installed on the network, it has Windows 2008 server installed. The previous owner (not computer literate) lost the password to log in. The log in screen comes up with administrator as user ID. I tried enter with no password but it won't accept that so a password has been installed. Can I just re-install the operating system to get around this? I am really new with servers, this is my first one. Any suggestions on how to make this work? Thanks for any information that will help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
119,889 110,069 17,537 26,817
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may also want to post your question on the HPE Community Support Forum -- DL Servers section...

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.WOz4yOR1rGg

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation