33 25 3 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP SoftPaq Download Manager not recognizing updates

HP Recommended
z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Version 4.3.19.0, SSM version 3.2.7.1

Softpaq Download Manager fails to recognize certain updates whether done through the SoftPaq Download Manager or manually through download and execute from the software and drivers page for the z840.  In particular it will not recognize the updates for the In826tel Management Engine firmware update (SP82642) or Intel Chipset Driver  update (SP75814).

HP Performance Advisor cannot show the Intel ME firmware rev (only the Intel ME driver rev) but does show the Intel Chipset Driver revs for the above SP have been installed.

Looks like a SoftPaq Download Manager bug.

3 REPLIES 3
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SPDM will not isntall those updates, just download them. They have to be installed manually. (Especially the Firmware packs.)

I will bring this to the attention of the SPDM team.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
wmc
Author
Level 3
33 25 3 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I know that, and had already downloaded and installed them, but SDLM still says they are not installed while Performance Advisor DOES recognize the one for which it supplies rev info (SP75814 Intel Chipset Drivers) has been installed.  When I re-run the install for SP86242 (Intel ME firmware) it confirms that the revision contained in the softpaq is installed.

SDLM, OTOH, shows both as "Not Installed"HP_SDLM_Bug.PNG

0 Kudos
letti002
Level 1
5 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am running into the same issues.

The SOftpaq keeps showing drivers to install, some of which critical, and I install them over and over with re-booting and they still show the need to be installed.

My thought is that Softpaq should be able to know what has been installed and then compare to the list form teh HP server and then show what needs to be installed.

This is not the case.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation