rhmarsian
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP T730 Thin Client

HP Recommended
T730 Thin Client

Good evening,

Im looking for some help as I am new to thin clients. I purchased a HP T730 Thinclient and received it today. It was opened box purchase but had the HP seal still on it. The service Tag shows no operating system. I turned it on today and it boots to something called Elux. I wasn't sure what it was till I googled it and saw it was a cloud based software. My IT person for the local government that I work for was unable to get into the BIOS to boot from a USB for a different operating system. Apparently there is a password and even after trying the password reset option with the jumper, it won't let us in. I called HP support today and was told these are shipped with no BIOS password and the service tag says no O/S. Am I possibly missing something here?

Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation