Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Since RAM is 4GB and no page file in the system,when launch more application,machine pop up this message.

You can reduce Ramdisk size, avoid warnings of low memory

HP Recommended

Hi jason,

Since our clinets are configured in Kiosk mode, some of the applications are also addes even script are there which automatically connects to VDI via Horizon client.

If you see the following error:

cosumed.PNG

269+134+124 = 527 MB and in our current configuration its set to 256 MB.

The main problem is some of the clients are shutting down may be the virtusal low memory is the reason of shutting down, if i again restarted and check the windows log found low virtual memory. But i don't know virtual memory is RAM drive (Z) memory which cache temprary files to cache on the RAM drive (z), if this low memory relates to RAM drive (z) then we should set to maximum 768 MB.

The other thing is when client configure as kiosk mode, it automatically login as an User when the system is running as User or kiosk it caches in the RAM disk (Z) only. 

if you see HPEasyShell.exe - 124 MB used this is kiosk mode then system 269 MB and MSMpEng.exe 134 MB.

So my opition is if i set HP RAM disk size to maximum 768 MB, so it won't get low virtual memory even if i set 768 MB mixmum i dont think so it will get effect to the system : cache temporary files to cache on the RAM drive (Z:) to reduce the amount of write operations to the Fash drive (C:).

What's your thought and opinion ?

Best Regards

HP Recommended

If your deploy Horizon View and enable HTML5 redirection feature,HTML5 redirection consumes lots Thin Clients local system resource. This feature is not recommended for low power systems.If HTML5 redirection feature enabled, it needs more than 4G ram

HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

HTMl 5 redirection feature is not enabled, we have around 500 t620 clients where new image installed and configured. After couple of days when i see the status of clients on the monitoring slotion then i found 3 or 4 clients are down when get to know from the customer side then some of them shutted down when i see in side found menory error and some of them on but after restart again up.

may i know what impact will happen when i put RAM Disk size to full 768 MB.

Actually we had problem to most of them of blue screen then we changed following BIOS settings :

1. Integrated Graphics "Force"

2. UMA Frame BUgger size on "1G"

But our current RAM disk is set to 256 MB. 

Thanks for your reply!

HP Recommended

Hi

You can try the following Settings:

2. UMA Frame BUgger size on "32M"

3.RAM disk is set to 16MB.

4.Try to free up local resources

5.Uninstall unwanted apps

HP Recommended

Hi Json,

i dont think so it make some effect,  :

2. UMA Frame BUgger size on "32M" (what is the proper reasson to do that ?)

local resources :

Local Disk (C): 17.7 GB free of 29.5 GB

RADrive (Z): 250 mb free from 256 MB

HP Recommended

Hi

Please tell me the version of your horzion client and image version.

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Vmware Horizon client version: 4.7.0

Image version: 14WWFTDJ601#SABA#DAus

Lets do in this way:

Firstly find out the problem in Eventlogs of windows.

When i go to Event Viewer>Windows Logs > System

11.PNG222.PNG3333333.PNG

Thanks Too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.