12 6 0 4
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP USB-C to USB-A Hub Firmware Update -> Updated failed

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G4, A9-9410, 8G
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bios: 01.04 Rev.A

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-455-g4-notebook-pc/10477363

hello,

1. i have downloadet: sp79714.exe (HP USB-C to USB-A Hub Firmware Update)

2. And startet. I starts "Jake FW".  I answered the question: "Do you accpect changes made through the app?" with "Yes".

3. Then i clicked on "next"

4. And "I accept the terms in the license agreement" -> pressed "next >"-button

5. Location to save files -> "Save files in folder" : "c:\SWSetup\SP79714" leaved it & clicked on  "next >"-button

6. I clicked in the appearing window: "RTK HubDownload" on the "update"-button

7. I answered the question: "Do you Want to update?" with "OK"-button.

8. After less then a second appears: : "Update Fail". Windowname: "Setup". The loading-bar keeps unfilled

Even if i start the Setup.exe in the folder: "C:\SWSetup\SP79714" as administrator & then pressing on "Update", i get the same error. In the folder "C:\SWSetup\SP79714" is one subfolder and one file. The file is the "Setup.exe" (3226KB). The subfolder is names: "Patch". In this folder, so here: C:\SWSetup\SP79714\Patch" are existing 2 files:

1. "RHubLib.dll" (1940KB)

2. "RTS5411_FW_V25_Bizlink_1to3Hub_03F0404A444A_20170331.bin" (32KB)

Where is the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Ainjho
4 3 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same for me, hp does always have problems with their notebook laptops grrrrrrrrrrr

Never stop studying, knowing all is an advantage to work.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
KogMaw
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here!

I have a 755 G3 and I get the same error as OP. I even updated my UEFI to 01.20 REV.A(sp82273), according to which this issues should be fixed. Only that latest UEFI update DIDN'T fix the 'HP USB-C to USB-A Hub Firmware Update' (sp79714.exe)

HP, please fix this!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation