Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP XW6600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello community ,I have got a workstation HP xw6600 after one month working correct ,I have all time freezes like in (bios,windows) , I check ram ,SSD ,power,CPU but nothing problem .I bought new Rams but the problem still continue. Maybe know someone a solution or fix or something to help me . Thanks John

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

We need more info.

What RAM are you running and in what configuration? Number of sticks, type and size.

What CPU are you running? Single or dual CPU's?

What GPU?

Any customizations done to the cooling system?

Did you make ANY changes to the system before the problems occured? Any at all?

Do you have any extra parts laying around for testing and troubleshooting besidesthe old RAM?

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version?

When you say "check SSD, power, CPU etc. but no problem", How did you test them?Do you have another workstation to test the components in?

Hiatus

HP Recommended

if your windows pauses and then resumes, and it's not due to a high thermal temp's  you most likely have a task/service that is causing 100% cpu load.

identifying this can be time consuming and reinstalling windows (without any addons or apps) will useally resolve the problem

at this point reinstall apps/programs 2wo or 3 at a time, rebooting after each 3rd install and run the system for several hours if/when the pause reappears you can then uninstall the last 3 items reboot and it should fix the issue

you now need to determine why/which of the 3 items causes the issue

HP Recommended

@DGroves wrote:

if your windows pauses and then resumes, and it's not due to a high thermal temp's  you most likely have a task/service that is causing 100% cpu load.

That was my first thought, but OP wrote that the same problem occured in BIOS...

Hiatus

HP Recommended

I have got latest bios with one Xeon e5420, 4 sticks ram 16gb and GPU r9 280x  3gb , I am running that system one month with no changes and after the month , I have got that issue with freeze in bios and on windows 7 64 bit

HP Recommended

I do that 10 times is not software problem I have got low temps on CPU like 27C and on ram 30C , GPU 30C, SSD 27C I believe is chipshet problem on Mobo like northbidge

HP Recommended

Are all the 4 RAM sticks the same?

Have you tried running it on one RAM stick?

Hiatus

HP Recommended

Yeah it's the same and I do that you are saying but still nothing with my problem , probably is mobo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.