Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hands up, my stupidity not to check the facts by myself. Thanks to @SDH for pointing me in the right direction. All to do with the SSD stick itself. The previous owner swapped the original HP SSD with the HP SDD S700 which is a SATA III stick. ZX40 requires NVMe drives. After countless hours (and ordered an additional ZTD G2 drive),  I learned a valuable lesson.

If anyone experiences the same problem, please check the SSD drive. I bought a pretty cheap Crucial P1 500 NVMe drive that worked like a charm - first try.
If anyone interested, this unit worked fine for me:  https://www.crucial.com/ssd/p1/ct500p1ssd8 (59€ in Media Markt or Saturn in Germany). Not exactly a fast drive but I bought this unit to test the theory. 256Gb only a few Euros cheaper.

So the bottom line is, make sure you are using a NVMe drive.

Cheers

PS: Crucial website says it is not compatible with Z640/Z440/Z840. Don't blame me if it didn't work for you 🤔

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.