Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 G3 Mini Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have seen the discusions are in eglish so I decide to rewrite my problem.

HP Z2 G3 mini G3 was delivered without WiFi/BT module so I have installed Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265, 2230, Dual Band, 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 module.

Windows recognized this and all drivers are installed.

Now there is no reception, neither WiFi nor BT. Because there (in HP Z2) are no antennas installed.

So the question is, which antennas fit and how they should be installed (their position) in order to get an optimal WiFi/BT reception.

Mybe first part of the question is wrong for this forum but the 2nd part should be fine.

On HP site I have not found any answer, it looks so the HP does not sell WiFi modules and antennas.

Thank you and have a nice day, igor

Moin,

HP Z2 G3 mini wurde ohne WiFi/BT Modul geliefert, sodass habe ich da Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, 2230, Dual Band, 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 Modul installiert.
Windows 10 Pro hat das anerkannt und alle Treiber sind installiert.

Nun es gibt kein Empfang, weder WiFi noch BT. Weil da (in HP Z2) keine Antennen verbaut sind.

Die Frage ist also, welche da passen und wie sollten die verleget werden, um ein optimalen Empfang zu bekommen.

Auf HP-Seite habe ich keine Antworten gefunden, sieht so aus, das HP keine WiFi Module und keine Antennen verkauft.

Viele Grüße und danke, igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

yes, I did. As I have written, I bought Intel Wireless AC 8265, 2230, Dual Band, 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 module. And the I found the right atenas here:

so the right antena's name (on AliExpress) for Intel Wireless AC 8265 is "IPEX MHF4 2. 4/5G wifi antennas for Intel 7260 7265 8260 8265 AC N5321 EM7345 GOBI5000 NGFF card 18.5cm/7.2 inches".

Installation is easy, works perfect. Hope I could help you. Let me know!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

did you solved this problem? I have to add a wireless card to the Z2 mini G3 but not sure what to purchase.

Michele

HP Recommended

yes, I did. As I have written, I bought Intel Wireless AC 8265, 2230, Dual Band, 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 module. And the I found the right atenas here:

so the right antena's name (on AliExpress) for Intel Wireless AC 8265 is "IPEX MHF4 2. 4/5G wifi antennas for Intel 7260 7265 8260 8265 AC N5321 EM7345 GOBI5000 NGFF card 18.5cm/7.2 inches".

Installation is easy, works perfect. Hope I could help you. Let me know!

HP Recommended

Hi Ifo,

Thanks for the confirmation it works, you helped me out here.

I am wondering where u placed the atenas?

Because the case of the Z2 is metal i am wondering if the connection is stable or did u place the atenas outside of the case?

would like to hear from you

HP Recommended

Hi, the antenas are inside. In the front (exactly middle) is one place for antenna and on the side the second one. There is a cover (inside) which you can easily detach and attach. That means, finally antennas will be behind the metal frame. I think from outside there is no metal so the antennas are fine and the recption is great.

I have found this document -> check the picture/step #19:

http://h22235.www2.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/Countries/_MultiCountry/d...

HP Recommended

How did you install the wireless card?

HP Recommended

I also found a reference for HP Z2 mini G4 antennas .... L24756-001

I found in amazon.de : L24756-001

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.