Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Tower G5 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I recently purchased a HP Z2 Tower G5 Workstation and would like to purchase a Front USB-C card for my motherboard. I cannot seem to find it online. Can anyone help?

Type-C® SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps signaling rate port

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Some HP "optional" parts are only available if you order them as part of a "build to order" custom workstation.  The HP PartSurfer system may show certain parts available to purchase and install yourself.  What I believe you want is in the attached two PDFs from the PartSurfer system, and cost from HP is about $50.00 USD. 

Not all USB Type C ports have the higher charging capacity... from the document DGroves found for you I believe this one does, which may be why you want it.  The higher capacity charging ports may be designed  to stay active when the workstation is powered down, which can be handy.

The part number is L92219-001 from the PDFs attached... and HP has none in stock.  Used parts are harder to find for newer workstations but at least now you have something to work from.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is the part for Z2 G4: 4KY85AA

Here is a link:

https://www.directdial.com/us/item/z2-front-usb-c-3-1-port/4ky85aa

I'm looking for the equivalent for Z2 G5 tower.

Help please!!

🙂

HP Recommended

as far as i know this model COMES WITH TWO FRONT USB 3.1 5GBps ports

ONE USB 3.1 TYPE "C"  10GBps

two rear usb 3.2, 40 gbps

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c06912216.pdf

HP Recommended

Some HP "optional" parts are only available if you order them as part of a "build to order" custom workstation.  The HP PartSurfer system may show certain parts available to purchase and install yourself.  What I believe you want is in the attached two PDFs from the PartSurfer system, and cost from HP is about $50.00 USD. 

Not all USB Type C ports have the higher charging capacity... from the document DGroves found for you I believe this one does, which may be why you want it.  The higher capacity charging ports may be designed  to stay active when the workstation is powered down, which can be handy.

The part number is L92219-001 from the PDFs attached... and HP has none in stock.  Used parts are harder to find for newer workstations but at least now you have something to work from.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.