Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z230 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The HP Z230 has official support for 4th gen Haswell CPUs. The C226 Chipset of HP Z230 has official support for 5th gen Broadwell CPUs. However in the official HP documentation for Z230 there is no support for Broadwell. Has anybody more info about this topic or has anyone tried to install a 5th gen CPU in HP Z230.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

just because the chipset has support does not mean the cpu will work, as other things such as bios microcode must also have the necessary 5 gen cpu support which HP has not and will not be including

HP Recommended

Thanx DGroves for joining the topic. I agree with you about the microcode support. But sometimes components that are not on the spec list could work. For example the Z230 does not have support for i7-4790k but I have one, on my HP Z230. Of course broadwell support it's different because its another gen but i was thinking maybe it works. Maybe somebody have tried it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.