Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z240 TOWER WORKSTATION
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Z240 TOWER WORKSTATION V4G51PA. I need to outfit it with 8 different monitors.

Easiest way to do it would probably be adding 2x NVIDIA NVS 510 2GB GFX. But my collegue has told me that the workstation cannot support 2x NVS 510 graphic card.

Anyone else can offer any suggestion or solution? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Look through the manual that was linked.  It seems to me I read a place where that was mentioned.  This manual, also linked in the previous post,  describes the various graphics cards that are supported and what the configurations can be.

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04760707.pdf

I did see this concerning your comment "Problem is whether the 2 display port from the integrated gfx will work together with additional NVS 510+NVS 310?"

NOTE 1:
Intermixing integrated Intel® HD graphics and discrete graphics cards in order to drive more than three displays can be enabled using the Computer (F10) Setup Utility. However, HP recommends using only discrete graphics when four or more displays are required to be supported.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The MANUAL for that model indicates:

Use the PCIe x16 slot for the primary graphics card. If you do not use this slot for the graphics card, only cards certified as After Market Options are supported.

Install a second graphics card in the other PCIe x16 slot.

For the graphics card:

Up to PCIe Gen 3 bus speeds.
● PCIe x16 cards are supported in both x16 mechanical slots. Multiple graphics cards are supported, provided their total power consumption is less than 45W

The NVIDIA NVS 510 2GB GFX uses 35W each, so that might be the reason.

On page 9 of THIS MANUAL, it states:
NVIDIA ® NVS™ 510 2GB Graphics Can be mixed with one NVS ™ 310

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Just want to double confirm if this setup can support 8 monitors?

NVIDIA ® NVS™ 510 2GB Graphics Can be mixed with one NVS ™ 310
The above provide total of 6 mini displayport.

Coupled with 2 DisplayPort™ (DP 1.2) output from Intel® HD graphics 530.

Final total output will be 6 mini dp, 2 dp.
Problem is whether the 2 display port from the integrated gfx will work together with additional NVS 510+NVS 310?
HP Recommended

Look through the manual that was linked.  It seems to me I read a place where that was mentioned.  This manual, also linked in the previous post,  describes the various graphics cards that are supported and what the configurations can be.

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04760707.pdf

I did see this concerning your comment "Problem is whether the 2 display port from the integrated gfx will work together with additional NVS 510+NVS 310?"

NOTE 1:
Intermixing integrated Intel® HD graphics and discrete graphics cards in order to drive more than three displays can be enabled using the Computer (F10) Setup Utility. However, HP recommends using only discrete graphics when four or more displays are required to be supported.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.