Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4

When will HP Z4 G4 with premium front panel get a bios/firmware update to support 1TB M.2 SSD?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

it supports large capacity mechanical drives and SSD's  (both SATA and nvme)(over 6TB) since it's original release what exactly is your problem/question? please be specific

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c05527757.pdf

HP Recommended

We have HP Z4 G4 workstations with 8-core CPU Xeon W-2145 and 64 GB RAM and Premium Front Panel.

If I put in a 512 GB M.2 SSD then everything works fine.

If I put in a 1TB HP SSD EX920 then I get an BIOS post error message sort of: "Cannot load firmware to front panel"

Reproducable always on all PCs.

PC BIOS v2.46, Premium Front Panel firmware: 20.0.0.1.6 Rev.B

HP Support said this issue is known but no solution yet.

This is why I ask when a solution would be feasible?

HP Recommended

your issue is not 1TB support, but rather a issue with the Premium Front Panel firmware, and possibly the firmware on the HP branded EX920 firmware also as the systems without the Premium Front Panel firmware do not appear to have this issue

i recommend trying a 3rd party non HP model SSD

as this is a USER to USER forum, we have no knowledge  on HP's plans on when a fix might be available,.... you know as much as we do

HP Recommended

Non HP SSD is not available. This is why I hope HP fixes the premium front panel firmware.

Is it possible in BIOS to just ignore post error messages and continue booting automatically?

HP Recommended

then try the HP 950 or the 9000

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.