3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Z420 not seeing SATA3 HDD's

HP Recommended
HP Z420 LJ449AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, first time here so 'greetings to all'

I have problem with my Z420 (refurbished), my first time with a workstation, I've allways built and upgraded my own since 1974

The boot drive (Intel SSD) is working great with Windows 10 64bit on the Sata6 ports, however, I can't get the SATA3 ports to see any HDD's. (I really want a JBOD setup, not RAID)

I've done the Windows 10 change from AHCI+RAID to AHCI and back, SSD boots OK in either mode, however, either way it makes no difference to the SATA3 ports - still not seen. I've been scouring google for days. starting with the HP websites.

I am wondering if the Workstation is permanetly set to RAID configuration and if so what do I need to do to change it so I can use my SATA3 ports in JBOD mode.

Any guidance would be gratefully accepted

Thank you

Lirff

Sorry guys found the answer myself by reinstalling SP72212

Thanks again

Lirf

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation