Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Z440 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I  need help with Z440 HP workstation, after i have change the mainboard battery and reset it,

But now give me error can't find any driver with OS,

I am using window 10 Pro activated, installed  today to  SSD Samsung PM 981 with Z turbo card G1.

no other Hard drive appear on list for storage, Only this one right now  let me booting only if I change the slot between X8 X16

mean 4th and 5th  PCIe slot. Because on restart by following the update windows it doesn't boot the window anymore  and give me an black screen and intel boot manager then it reboot but for several time do the same back on black screen.

Any help please Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

When you changed the battery on the motherboard the bios settings were reset to their default values. The first thing to do is to go to the "Storage" menu of the bios (F10 at startup), sub-menu "Storage Options", and look at the SATA mode which must have been set to "RAID + AHCI" (the default setting). If you did not choose this mode when you installed your Windows then this could explain this. Try the other options ("AHCI" or "IDE"...). Then check also the boot disk.

I may be wrong but it's worth a try.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello,

When you changed the battery on the motherboard the bios settings were reset to their default values. The first thing to do is to go to the "Storage" menu of the bios (F10 at startup), sub-menu "Storage Options", and look at the SATA mode which must have been set to "RAID + AHCI" (the default setting). If you did not choose this mode when you installed your Windows then this could explain this. Try the other options ("AHCI" or "IDE"...). Then check also the boot disk.

I may be wrong but it's worth a try.

HP Recommended

Hello,thanks for reply.

Yes that the first thing i did  changing  from Raid AHCI and IDE ( I try all Version )

The Pc restart very fast with Nvme ssd  and still don't see any Hard drive connected.

1st is  an 250GB Seagate Barracuda hard drive disk,2nd is an 500GB storage Video from sky box,

last one is for laptop 2"5  250GB seagate. 

Please note no one this drive above appear no where even changing Bios idle,ahci,Raid.

But after following the important updated the pc start running very cool,only can read usb drive 

i have 2 installed 16GB and 8GB pen drive for storage and help the ssd but not where i can see the hard drive

appear to format and using for storage

HP Recommended

HI,

Also some picture about it asking for driver but can't find it 20210529_171847.jpg20210529_171736.jpg20210529_171759 (1).jpg20210529_171827 (1).jpg20210529_171847.jpg

HP Recommended

Please let me know if you can see the pictures above,

that what pc asking to update Raid controller,Might will do when more window update due.

Or Why the hard disk drive are connected but not appear?

HP Recommended

No, we can not see pictures above. 

[EDIT] : OK we can see pictures now.

HP Recommended

Here are bios, microcodes and drivers for your Z440 : https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-z440-workstation/6978828

Try to install these drivers. 

HP Recommended

Thnks i have already it and i update the Bios from this page driver and softaware,

my question is  wich driver do i need?

HP Recommended

Try to install this driver pack : 

HP Z440/Z640/Z840 Windows 10 x64 Driver Pack

5.2018 Rev.J 696.1 MB May 9, 2018 Download

This package provides the drivers for the integrated and select add-in devices in an INF format. This format is compatible with bare-metal Operating System deployment tools that require INF based drivers.

[EDIT] : Or this driver : 

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise

4.7.0.1098 Rev.1 45.8 MB May 15, 2019 Download

Description:

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise (RSTe) Drivers and Graphical User Interface (GUI) and tools for serial ATA (SATA) RAID controllers in supported workstation models that are running a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System.

HP Recommended

OK Thank you  let try just insyalling it 

I'll let you KNow  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.