Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z4G4 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Technical Assistance. Can I Overclock the CPU(Intel Core i9-7980XE) on my HP Z4G4 workstation.   If yes, how?

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

we are not HP Technical Assistance,........... this is a USER TO USER forum,......... we are not HP.

second,.... no workstation maker or OEM maker of systems in general wants their users overclocking as it causes support calls and instability on systems.

due to this the bios's are locked down in regards to overclocking while some tweaks can be applied they are not recommended for systems used in a business environment

if you want to overclock

buy a board that supports overclocking, and also supports a cpu that supports overclocking most amd cpu's are unlocked and only the intel "K" suffix cpu's are officially unlocked for overclocking

(yes, i know some xeons can have unlocked multipliers, but they are not fully unlocked)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.