Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@Hiatus wrote:

I've read about power saving mode in idle for some Nvidia cards.

Have you tried running GPU-Z while the GPU is under load? Could you run a new benchmark and see if anything changes in GPU-Z during the test?

I'm thinking it might be the power saving that shuts down half of the lanes in idle...

Hiatus

This is what happends when I'm running the test and I'll add a new one aswell.
MyGPU@x8.JPG
New-GPU-Stress_Test.JPG

HP Recommended

Wait a minute!
Why are you missing your  IPCIO?!
I believe you should have SMSC SCH5327...
As far as I understand it, the IPCIO (Low Pin Count Input/Output) is responsible for hardware monitoring.
I'd look into that one.

Here's mine:
cpuid.png

Hiatus

HP Recommended

I would have specific informations abbout Z600 and Z800.

Yesterday and today I read that in the workstation some lemitierung is concerned as graphic cards. But no exact information regarding current graphic cards. Do I have to consider something about the power supply on the motherboard?

HP Recommended

The answer to your question is in the beginning of this thread. Long post about watts and PCI-slots. Go through your own thread again and you'll get all the information you need.

Hiatus

HP Recommended

i have read this 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04490361

In HP Z800 and HP Z600

But mean HP 150Watt for each Slot??? Or in one slot 300Watt???

HP Recommended

This is turning in to a miscellaneous thread...

Do you have a Z800 and a Z600?

The link you provided gives you information about how to setup your system running dual GPU's on the Z8XX. Is that your plan?

Do you have 2 graphic cards to put in it? Do you need 2? If not, stop reading the wrong documents. 😉

For information about single card usage, you should consult the QuickSpecs. I've linked you to them before.

One slot will not provide 300w. I don't know how you got that information from the linked document, but you need to read it again and make sure you read all of it and make sure you understand what you are reading.

"Maximum graphics power supported with an 850 W power supply is one 175 W graphics card, or two 100 W graphicscards. For maximum graphics power, see product QuickSpecs at http://www.hp.com/go/productbulletin/."

Just to be clear.

I do not have a Z800 and I know as much about them as anyone else. All the information you get from me, I get from the QuickSpecs or other official documentation. It's not rocket science and you have proven that you can read english.

When you ask about Z600, I know a bit more, since I have one and already did my basic research...

My suggestion for you going forward would be:

Get all the documentation for YOUR SPECIFIC COMPUTER, (Z800 revision 1?), brew a cup of coffee/tea and read all of it. Even the parts you don't think you care about. If your'e going to make this machine run, you need to be interested in all of it.

Get to know your machine and it's limitations. The information is all there. If you still have questions after reading everything, my (and everyone else's) answers will make more sense to you since you'll have a base of knowledge to stand on.

You are actually educating me, rather than yourself at this juncture...

I'm happy to help you, but I think you are going about this the wrong way.

Hiatus

Edit: Here's a list of documentation that you should read. Get the right versions for your system. You'll find them at the support page.

QuickSpecs.pdf
Maintenance and Service Guide.pdf

User Guide.pdf

Second Intel® Xeon® processor installation.pdf

HP Recommended
Power dissipation for the HP Z800 Workstation
The following table contains typical system configurations for an HP Z800 Workstation.
2x CPU Power 2x Midrange graphics 50-75
W each (4)
2x High-end graphics 75-150
W each (4) (5)
2x High-end graphics >150
W each (4) (5)
80W 630-675 W* 675-810 W* 810-950 W*
95W 715-760 W* 760-900 W* 900-1030 W**
130W 800-845 W* 845-980 W** 930-1110 W***

I have HP Z600 and HP Z800.

I would in the systems a new graphicard but i do not now how many Watt is going work.

HP Recommended

You are still reading the specs for 2 graphic cards.

Get the QuickSpecs, read the list of compatible graphic cards and buy one which don't exceed the specs of the most powerfull card in the list of compatible cards.

That's the way to go about it.

Hiatus

HP Recommended

But i want a new card in the Workstation not a old graphics card.

HP Recommended

@Wilmiloard wrote:

But i want a new card in the Workstation not a old graphics card.

I understand that. But the numbers are the same. If the maximum power allowed was 175w back in 2009, it' going to be the maximum in 2019 aswell.

Buy a new card within the specified power span.

Hiatus

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.