Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Z640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I have been experiencing a diffcult time setting up Raid 1 storage group on my newly purchase HP Z640.

I'm using the configured PCIe SSD drive for the OS (Win10 64 bit) and added 2 WD 6TB Red drives; enabled Raid on Bios. Left the default OROM to legacy. I'm able to access the Raid Setup page and see both WD drives. By default Raid 0 is choosen, when I change to Raid 1 I'm not able to select the disk to add to the new Raid Array. 

Is there any steps I'm missing with configuring Raid 1 Array on my new workstation, any assistance or advise would be greatly apperciated. 

-TinyThumb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Captain_WD,

Just got it to work, it ended up being firmware issue. Reflashing the BIOS fixed the issue and now I'm able to select my drive when choosing RAID1 (MIRROR) as my Raid Array.

Thanks, again for the response.

-TinyThumb.....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there TinyThumb 🙂 Welcome to the community!

According to the manual, you should be able to do that. 

When choosing ,do you see only one HDD or neither are seen as options? Can you do that through Disk Management? Have you checked the health of the HDDs?

I'd try contacting HP's live support and see what the guys there can say about this.

Captain_WD.

HP Recommended

Hi Captain_WD,

Just got it to work, it ended up being firmware issue. Reflashing the BIOS fixed the issue and now I'm able to select my drive when choosing RAID1 (MIRROR) as my Raid Array.

Thanks, again for the response.

-TinyThumb.....

HP Recommended

Hey, great to hear you've resolved it. Resetting/reflashing the BIOS can indeed fix such issues, good job figuring it out. 🙂

Post back if you encounter other problems!

Captain_WD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.