Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z800
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. as the title says. The blue LED on the power button was not lit anymore. But the Red LED on the Beep error code and Green small disk activity are working normally.

Is there anyway to fix this? wheres should i start? If a replacement module available, can you please tell me what's the part's name or partnumber?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had one of my Z600s with this issue, which I fixed.  Here is the solution:  Google "Z800 spare parts" and the top HP response is an official HP site for the Z800,  HERE.

On that page under the Electronic Parts heading the top cable assembly shown ("Front user interface cable with speaker") gives you the part number you need, 534474-001.  That number can lead you to the HP PartSurfer link,  HERE.  You don't actually need the speaker, and that other small white connector is for a case intrusion/solenoid lock part I've never seen used.  The black connector goes to the motherboard.  The corresponding Z600 number is 536305-001, but that would be too short for the Z800.  The ambient air temp sensor is also integrated into this cable.  The green rectangle PCB part is where the 4 blue leds reside and I suppose you could get a Z600 one and harvest that component and solder/heatshrink in just that part.

The green PCB part for both the Z800 and the Z600 are virtually identical.  The wire lengths may be different.  The blue leds are the 4 surrounding the black power button, and there is an added single led at the bottom corner.  I'm guessing that if one of the blue leds goes out they all do.  My recollection is that one of the LEDs has dual color capabilities.... probably that one in the bottom corner, to designate HDD activity versus crisis blinks.  For the Z400 there are only two LEDs, and they are more conventional.  The Z400 one that is clear plastic is blue, and the other LED with translucent plastic has the dual color capabilities.  The method of control for that via 2 wires is to have one color driven from +/- and the other from -/+.  The Z400 switch/led parts are not interchangable with the Z600/Z800.

Routing the cable is fiddly but dooable.  Take some pics and use a Sharpie marker on the metal of the case to make it clear.  You'll need to cut and replace some small zip ties.  There is a HP video on how to get that right hand side panel off.

Currently there are none of these on eBay.... be patient and you'll find one from there when some vendor is breaking down Z800s for parts.  HP should have them too, which would be your best source for a new one.

Z800:

Z800 534474-001.jpg

Z600:

Z600.jpg

Z800:

HP 534474-001.jpg

Z600:

SP PN 536305-001.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I had one of my Z600s with this issue, which I fixed.  Here is the solution:  Google "Z800 spare parts" and the top HP response is an official HP site for the Z800,  HERE.

On that page under the Electronic Parts heading the top cable assembly shown ("Front user interface cable with speaker") gives you the part number you need, 534474-001.  That number can lead you to the HP PartSurfer link,  HERE.  You don't actually need the speaker, and that other small white connector is for a case intrusion/solenoid lock part I've never seen used.  The black connector goes to the motherboard.  The corresponding Z600 number is 536305-001, but that would be too short for the Z800.  The ambient air temp sensor is also integrated into this cable.  The green rectangle PCB part is where the 4 blue leds reside and I suppose you could get a Z600 one and harvest that component and solder/heatshrink in just that part.

The green PCB part for both the Z800 and the Z600 are virtually identical.  The wire lengths may be different.  The blue leds are the 4 surrounding the black power button, and there is an added single led at the bottom corner.  I'm guessing that if one of the blue leds goes out they all do.  My recollection is that one of the LEDs has dual color capabilities.... probably that one in the bottom corner, to designate HDD activity versus crisis blinks.  For the Z400 there are only two LEDs, and they are more conventional.  The Z400 one that is clear plastic is blue, and the other LED with translucent plastic has the dual color capabilities.  The method of control for that via 2 wires is to have one color driven from +/- and the other from -/+.  The Z400 switch/led parts are not interchangable with the Z600/Z800.

Routing the cable is fiddly but dooable.  Take some pics and use a Sharpie marker on the metal of the case to make it clear.  You'll need to cut and replace some small zip ties.  There is a HP video on how to get that right hand side panel off.

Currently there are none of these on eBay.... be patient and you'll find one from there when some vendor is breaking down Z800s for parts.  HP should have them too, which would be your best source for a new one.

Z800:

Z800 534474-001.jpg

Z600:

Z600.jpg

Z800:

HP 534474-001.jpg

Z600:

SP PN 536305-001.jpg

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Wow, thank you so much for your detailed reply! I really appreciate it.

This is very usefull technical information for me and others.

Again, Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.