Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
FF825AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been reading about the complaints reported to HP regarding the HP Z800 Workstation Performance going back many years.   HP should be ashamed of themselves for designing and manufacturing a piece of crap like this!  Even with the latest bios and other firmware updates or lack thereof, the performance is still pitiful!  I strongly believe, it is the firmware causing all these slow performance problems and HP needs to release the latest and the greatest firmware updates to fix these problems.  This machine should technically be flying! and it is not!  PITIFUL!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

nothing like someone who has no knowledge of hardware or software design deciding it's got to be a bios issue

i also like the fact that you feel describing the problem you are having is not required for attempting a solution from other users

HP Recommended

Even though I did not ask for advice, it is always good to hear from the community... 🙂 what makes you think that I know nothing about hardware or software?  For years, people have been complaining about the slow dog of a performance regarding the HP Z800 and for years people have been suggesting all the wrong things thinking it will help solve the problems they are having.... The reality is that you can install the best and the fastest processors compatible for this machine and install a ton of memory in it and it is not gonna make any difference whatsoever.... let's admit it, IT IS A SLOW DOG! My old desktops/laptops perform better than this workstation!  HP Should be ashamed of themselves for selling a product like this.  We know that the problem is not the memory or the processors or the graphics card or the raid card... That leaves us with the slow DOG of a System Board and the firmware running on it!  

HP Recommended

first of all you did ask for advice when you posted in this forum

second, the number of people complaining about a slow z800 is quite low on this forum

third if there was a firmware related issue with the z800 it would be reasonable to understand that it would have been previously reported and fixed during the z800's active service lifetime,....... and  posts like yours are not really valid since you still haven't actually posted any description of a problem

fourth, the z800 is actually quite fast even nowadays as users on this forum can attest to

if all you want to do is vent, then consider it done and move on, if on the other hand you would like some help try politely describing the issue in more specific terms than  your current "it's slow and it sucks" posting

HP Recommended

Posting a message in this forum does not constitute "asking for help".  After all the complaints made over the years, if HP has not done anything about it could mean : a) They are ignoring the problems even though they are aware of the problems.  b) if it is a hardware issue, where they have to replace the system board due to a manufacturing defect, this would not be in the HP's  interest to do a recall or anything like that since it would be too embarrassing and costly for them to do.. so, it is better to sweep it under the rug and ignore it... c) HP never had any intent for this model to work the way it should (mal intent).  d) the hardware is ok. but the firmware sucks.  You take a guess... 

if HP wants to replace my system board on this machine free of charge to prove me wrong.  I would be open to such an arrangement.   I am challenging them to do so...  I am still going to bet that it will make no difference....  if I had paid a full price for this workstation, you would have seen me in a court room instead of a message posted in this forum... Those who did, should ask for a refund from HP... So far, all the complaints made by others fell on deaf ears at HP.  I am hoping my complaints and venting do not fall on deaf ears...

HP Recommended

Yeah, I want a bunch of freebies from HP too.  Slather them on.

Or, maybe you have not spent the time to learn details of how to make these workstations function to their full potential.

My advice is to put in the time and ask some intelligent questions.  Or, move on.  I've been helping others here for over 10 years and you stand out from the norm.

HP Recommended

There is no use in beating on the dead horse...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.