Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day

I have buy yesterday a Radeon RX 5700 and have some problems first the monitor screen is often flashing or stuttering and when i do the benchmark test the HP Z800 crash with the new graphics card.

With the old graphics card  R9 390 have no problems and everything works fine in my system.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Is this a graphicard problem or BIOS HP Z800 problem?

HP Recommended

the Rx 700 is a 300 watt card, and if you have the stock 850 watt supply power supply that's most likely the problem as the z800 supply uses multiple supply rails instead of one single rail for the power supply. as such it's easy to overload a single rail while still under the supply's total wattage

if you only have two 6 pin gpu connectors, it's a 850 watt supply

if you have three 6 pin gpu connectors you have the 1150 watt supply which adds a second 12v 18 amp rail to the graphics cards

note that even the 1150 watt supply might be over the limit read the supply's specs to determine if the upgraded supply will work with your z800 config

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01720139 

HP Recommended

Hello i have 1150 Watt supply.

I think AMD must have update his radeon drivers?

HP Recommended

And i have two 6 pin Adapter with the power supply i think it is enough.

HP Recommended

"if you have three 6 pin gpu connectors you have the 1150 watt supply which adds a second 12v 18 amp rail to the graphics cards

note that even the 1150 watt supply might be over the limit read the supply's specs to determine if the upgraded supply will work with your z800 config"

What did you mean exactly, i have two 6 Pin adapters.  Rated of voltage range?

This is the card:

https://www.amd.com/de/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-5700

HP Recommended

one more time,.....

z800  850 watt supply, two 6 pin gpu connectors (GPU 1 GPU 2) one gpu power rail

z800 1500 watt supply, three 6 pin connectors (gpu 1 gpu 2, and a NEW power rail GPU 3)

rx 700 must be connected to both gpu power rails gpu 1 & 2 is one rail, and gpu 3 is the other power rail)

if you connect the rx 700 to a single rail using both gpu connectors that are on this rail, you will most likely overload the 12 volt gpu line causing video errors

you must split the rx 700 power draw across BOTH 12v GPU power rails

HP Recommended

I have two 6 Pin adapters, on my power supply. For every single one!

Is this not good?

HP Recommended

you still don't get it,.............................................

find someone who speaks english, have them read my reply and then explain it to you

HP Recommended

Can you speak german?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.