Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 820

as above.

• according to this HP support page (click here), 6 beeps is a video card error
  • according to this HP service advisory (click here), 6 beeps is also a video card issue but can be fixed by clearing CMOS
  • I don't have the original Nvidia K4000 to try but it booted fine (all the way to Ubuntu live USB desktop) when I doing the pre-sale test/inspection.
  • The GT710 works fine in another PC (via HDMI).
  • I've cleared the CMOS (pressing the button for 20 seconds while the PC is off but plugged in). I did this step twice.
  • I tried  multiple PCIe (colored black and see the see image below)

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

test.jpg

Edit1: I originally inserted the image on the post but it's not showing up. I decided to upload it somewhere else instead.

https://i.imgur.com/nGVuWgN.png 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

your 710 is a extremely slow card that only is useful at 640x480 or 1200x788 as such i highly recommend you select a card that is going to be able to do more than display the desktop in low resolution

i recommend you reset the bios back to "factory" defaults rather than just the predefined defaults

to fo a factory bios reset remove the power cord from the system and then press the power button for 15 sec, now remove the cmos battery and then press the cmos reset button for more than 3 sec

replace battery, connect power and start system and set time/date system is now at factory bios settings with Legacy (CMS) and UEFI enabled

never ever enable the "compute" option for any pcie/pci slots, doing so turns off video functions on that slot and if all slots are set to compute then the board is bricked and needs to be replaced

if you don't need to boot from the onboard LSI SAS/SATA controller disable the LSI BIOS (not the lsi device!)

same for boot from network, if not used disable this option in the bios, doing these steps will make the system boot much faster

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.