Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z820 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have HP Z820 Workstation when i turn it on after,  no display and Restarting constantly.

i already had tried these option.

1- i  have reset the bios via removing battery/and bios Reset button.

2- Removing Ram and processors and re- insert it.

3- changing Power supply as well.

still having the same issue

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

can you enter the bios? if so will it stay on that screen for 15min without reset?

have you disabled all hard drivers by removing the power to the drives/ssd's

once the drives are disabled will it go to the no boot device message and stay there without resetting?

if the above two things do not stop the resets, you may have a defective motherboard that needs replacing

HP Recommended

there is no display when i start the pc. only Blue Power lights  and all fans start runnig. before display geting restart again and again

HP Recommended

Waseem31,

The problem you're experiencing with your z820 seems identical to an occurence with a z620 that had a failed BIOS upgrade that corrupted it. 

The solution is to restore the BIOS by using the "crisis recovery jumper" and carefully following the sequence.  The location of the crisis jumper is shown on the HP manual's system board diagram. The jumper is removed, a specially configured BIOS *.bin (The version I used was : J61_0391.BIN which means Z420, Z620, Z620 BIOS v. 3.91)  is loaded from a FAT32 formatted UBS drive using USB 2.0 (I recommend a partition of less than 1GB), the BIOS install is run, the USB drive is removed at a particular point, and the jumper replaced.   This procedure is very well explained by Forum friend SDH in this thread:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Crisis-Recovery-Ju...

This is well-worth any effort neccessary for success.  I was fortunate in that this procedure worked on the first attempt and thereby saved having to buy a new motherboard.

Let us know how you progress.

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

i did tried  through Crisis jumper process... only  all fans giving more noise......

same no display at all  and getting power off and start again ... getting power off and start again  constantly. 

HP Recommended

Waseem31,

As you did not mention it, the system must not have reported a successful flashing of the BIOS as it should.

The crisis recovery jumper sequence is a bit fussy and not guaranteed to work on the first try.  I was fortunate, but it appears the moment to remove the USB drive is important. Also, it is well worth careful consideration of the configuration of the BIN file on the USB , the partition format and partition size on the drive, using front and back panel USB 2.0 ports, and being patient over multiple attempts.

That seems to be a rather delicate surgery and I hope our resident expert Dr. SDH might comment.

BambiboomZ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.