Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I do this operation on my HP z840: I disable all POST ROM messages in all PCI slot from bios setup and after reboot system start with 6 beeps. How is it possible to return to default data?

Thank you

G

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Try this: 

1. shut down the PC

2. pull the power cable

3. push and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds

OR try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SUjxCX2_Gs

HP Recommended

Hi, nothing ... always 6 beeps

we try to load bios from USB with jump moved from 2-3 to 1-2, but the same ...

HP Recommended

Unfortunately i don't have another solution for you.

I am also dealing right now with the same 6 beeps.

But my beeps start when I install radeon vega 64 on a Z820.

HP Recommended

Always works fine till my collegue decide to change property on PCI download ROM

HP Recommended

Hi, I do this operation on my HP z840: I disable all POST ROM messages in all PCI slot from bios setup and after reboot system start with 6 beeps. How is it possible to return to default data?

Have you trieds to enter the BIOS during startup and applied Apply Factory Defaults and Exit?

If it don´t do the trick, go to page 91 in the manual for more help: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04823811

HP Recommended

Hi, I can’t enter in the bios setup, after disabled all ROM POST and save, system reboot and start with 6 beeps. 

I try to load bios via USB but nothing. I try to force boot with windows key and B plus USB, nothing. Try to change different Grapghic cards and their position. Noting

probably the only one solution is to “correct” bios with a Service HP, but I need to speak with them on monday

HP Recommended

Hi, I can’t enter in the bios setup

On my Z440 i use the ESC key, what key do you use?

HP Recommended

I just do all this, no possibility to press keys... no output signal. Only beeps

HP Recommended

I just do all this, no possibility to press keys... no output signal. Only beeps

If possible, try with another graphic card.

Has the current graphic card ever worked?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.