Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
switch

I purchased a few HP 2920-24G PoE+ switches brand new off Amazon last summer to put into a grade school's network.  Recently one of the switches has failed.  They have a product lifetime warranty so I called and emailed to try and get a RMA.  HP is saying that Amazon is not a qualified reseller and they cannot provide support for this schools box.  I reached out to Amazon and of course they offered a 30 day return policy that was past, but didn't understand why the manufacturer would not support the manufacturer warranty.  

Anyone else run into this issue?  I need to try and find some sort of resolution for this small rural school district.

Thanks-

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP stance is "SOP" standard operating procedure

Items purchased from a non validated HP seller is not covered by hp's warranty

and this is a standard thing in the business world that all venders usually follow such as Dell,Lenovo,Supermicro

without getting into a long reply, HP qualifies venders to make sure they meet minimum standards for selling/support

and there is also the proffit margins that HP tries to protect for itself and HP resellers

HP Recommended

How do brand new in the box HP products wind up for sale by non qualified vendors, and how are consumers supposed to know who is qualified or not?  It is not the consumers place to make sure HP takes care of their product distribution.   In 2017 Amazon accounted for 43% of online retail sales, HP needs to figure this out.

If I buy a used car under warranty Ford, Chevy and Chrysler will stand behind their product without me even being the origonal buyer.  

This to me seems to be false advertising, the product is either warrantied or not.  This paticular product warranty is supposed to be for the product life to the original and user, wich is the school network.

If we cannot resolve this with HP I will be seeking action with the better business bureau.

HP Recommended

Read the HP warranty for this product, it plainly states that it must be bought from a HP authorised reseller

what you have purchased is considered Greymarket, IE- product sold by a 3rd party non authorised seller

your complaint lies not with HP but rather  possibly Amazon as they may not be a HP reseller

but rather Amazon may not have disclosed clearly that the item being sold on amazon was from a 3rd party reseller

who advertises product on the amazon web site and amazon was not the actual seller just a broker who listed the item

look at your invoice does it say sold by amazon? or fullfiled by amazon it's a important distinction

if amazon was just a broker, they are not the seller,.......the party listed on your invoice is contact them

did you pay by a credit card? if so then you may have a extended warranty from them

in the future please READ THE WARRANTY TERMS BEFORE BUYING

many companys may say lifetime warranty, but the fine print will say only to the listed buyer (warranty not xferable)

or lifetime warranty for as long as the product is made  (i personally do not consider this to be lifetime)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.