Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
t630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

We use HPDM to capture and deploy images to HP T630 Thin Clients with Windows 10 Enterprise and HP easy shell configured. The unified write filter configuration is configured to allow changes to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

The Easy Shell is also displaying the "Display" and tab for user configuration.

When the Easy Shell is run from the administrator account it is able to pull up the display settings for configuration. But when the autlogin for the user login is used, clicking the "Display" tab does nothing.

What registry keys need to be allowed to be modified, or what keys need to be changed so the user logon can have those changes to their Display settings?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please request this at www.hp.com/support directly. There was a design change but better to ask for the information officially from HP Support.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Please request this at www.hp.com/support directly. There was a design change but better to ask for the information officially from HP Support.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

was an answer found for this?

HP Recommended

A ticket was submitted to HP and then was worked. 

However, what we found worked out better was updating the HP Easy Shell. Instead of trying to override the registry key from the write filter, we instead updated to the most recent version of Easy Shell. 

Our issues were resolved after updating that and using the display settings from the shell as opposed to the device and bypassing through the write filter. 

HP Recommended

ok thanks so much for the quick reply.

I am on the latest version which is Easy Shell 3.4.9.0...  and it doesn't work.

Do you know which version you are on?

HP Recommended

We're currently running 3.4.16.0 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Ewlarson for your quick reply.

Really appreciate your help on this.

Do you know by any chance where I can find that version?  The latest vesrion according to HP is 3.4.9.0?

HP Recommended

Yeah looking on HP's website they have an outdated version up on their drivers page. 

I would suggest one of two things:

1) Try the HP Easy Update and see if it will allow a download of the updated HP Easy Shell

2) Submit a ticket to HP Support requesting the files https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05445013 , if it's for enterprise or for an individual company it may depend on what support they have but I'm fairly certain HP will update their packages to the most recent on their website if they're made aware of it. 

HP Recommended

OK found the new version... which is even newer... 3.5.10.0

The display now shows up but only gives me 3 dropdown boxes... it doesn't allow may to switch location of monitors (dual).   Has anyone solved this problem.

Also - which Unified Write Filter shoudl be used?  HP Write or HP Unified Write Filter?   So far any changes I make as "USER" is not saved when UWF is on.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Dave

HP Recommended

Has anyone solved the issues above?

1) Opening the full display properties on version 3.5.10.0 vs the other simplified version as you can't choose which monitor is on right or left side currently with this 3 dropdown box version.

2) Have the thin client retain the settings after reboot when Write Filters are turned on?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.