Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t520 Thin Client
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

We recently purchased some t520 Thin Clients and are unable to shadown them using the HPDM 4.6 SP4.  We shadown t510, 5740, and 5730 devices regularly.  With the t520 devices, the task starts, sends, processes and finishes, however the shadow session never opens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good News - I got it working.

The t520 devices required an Agent Update.  Once the Agent was updated, and VNC was enabled - I was able to shadown them too.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are facing difficulties with regards to Shadow Task under HP Device Manager

1. Shadow task uses the built in VNC Server of the HP Device Manager Software

2. If you have installed a separate VNC Software on the HPDM Server, there could be a conflict

3. Also please check under "services.msc" to find out how many VNC services are running simultaneously

4. If you find multiple VNC services please disable those which is not required

5. Please goto Add / Remove programs & uninstall the VNC Viewer Software which is separately installed

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response!

We do not have VNC installed, and shadowing t510 thin clients still works great, so I don't think it is a problem with VNC.  I did check the services, and I did not see any VNC services running.

Is anyone else able to shadow the Windows 7E t520 thin clients using HPDM 4.6 SP4?

HP Recommended

Did you by any chance try the "Reverse Shadow" to see if thats working or not ?

Regards,

KNRK

I work for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Yes, I have tried 'Reverse Shadow' and it also does not work with the t520 devices.  The Reverse Shadow starts a manual task, changes color from yellow (sending) to blue (processing) then to green (finished), but the shadow session never opens.

I've tried both shadow and reverse shadown on the t510, t5730, and t5740 devices and it goes through the same colors and does open the shadown session.  All of the devices that work are running embedded XP.  The t520 devices are the first devices we've had running embedded windows 7. 

HP Recommended

Good News - I got it working.

The t520 devices required an Agent Update.  Once the Agent was updated, and VNC was enabled - I was able to shadown them too.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Within HPDM did you send an "_Apply settings" task, and within there allow VNC

Once the HPDM Agent is updated, send the apply settings task with VNC enabled, and then either do Shadow or reverse shadow.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.