Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP z2 Mini G3

Hi,

I have some questions about the HP Z2 mini g3:

1. The model with Nvidia Quadro has 4 displayports, does this mean I can have 4 x 4k displays connected and ruinning ?

2. How can I connect 6 displays to the 4 displayports and what would be the supported resolutions for the 6 displays ?

4. Can I add another ethernet port somehow ?

5. Will Barco displays work with this device ?

Thanks in advance for your time and comments.

Thanks,

Termcap

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is a review on the PC

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/hp-z2-mini-g3,review-4588.html

In that review it states:

Thanks to the Nvidia graphics card within this machine, those four DisplayPorts and two USB-C ports can drive six displays simultaneously.

Considering that extras need to be ordered at purchase, look in the HP store for any things you deem as necessary before purchase.  It does have USB ports, so an extra ethernet port could possibly be added that way.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-z2-mini-pc-x8u88av-mb

Here is the spec manual for that PC but for those specific questions, I suggest you talk to a HP rep directly.  For the Barco displays, that is another question for the HP rep

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/V2/GetPDF.aspx/c05262508

The manual says on page 38

Maximum Resolution
DisplayPort 1.2:
-
up to 4096x2160 x 30 bpp @ 60Hz
-
supports High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2) and Multi
-
Stream Transport (MST)
HDMI 2.0 output:
-
up to 4096x2160 x 30 bpp @ 60Hz
Image Quality Features
Stereoscopic 3D display
support including NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ technology,
3D DLP, Interleaved, and passive stereo
Display Output
Maximum number of displays:
-
4 direct attached monitors Maximum number of DisplayPort™ displays possible per
DisplayPort™ output (Multiple displays daisy - chained from one DisplayPort™
1.2 port requires DisplayPort™
1.2 MST capable displays or DP1.3 MST capable hub):
-
4 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz
-
2 2560x1600 @ 60 Hz
-
1 4096x2160 @ 60 Hz

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks TheOldMan, that did clarify a lot, so if I understand this correctly then can I do the following:

a. Connect four 2K monitors  (one to each display port)

OR

b. Connect four 4K monitors (One to each display port)

Thanks in advance for your time and comments.

Thanks,

Termcap

HP Recommended

I am fairly certain it can run 4 @1920x1200 @ 60 Hz.  Actually with the USB-C would add two more.  Connecting 4-4K monitors might have to be checked out by doing.  It might depend on the frames/sec.

As far the medical displays that were asked about, what is actually expected of this device?  As to running multiple displays, it might be better to ask a true HP rep before the purchase is made.  There are business decisions, BTW, so ask before you buy.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi theOldman,

Thanks for you inputs, I found this on the nvidia site as well.

http://images.nvidia.com/content/pdf/quadro/data-sheets/quadro-pascal-p620-data-sheet-593981-us-nv-r...

Appears to be promising in that it claims the card will support 4 x 4K displays.

Thanks a ton for your comments, it did get me moving!

Thanks,

Termcap.

HP Recommended

Yes, that card does claim to support the

4x 4096x2160 @ 60 Hz
4x 5120x2880 @ 60 Hz

Keep in mind, however, that the NVIDIA Quadro P620 which is not the same as the Discrete NVIDIA® Quadro M620 Graphics listed in the specs.  As I have said before, " it might be better to ask a true HP rep before the purchase is made.  There are business decisions, BTW, so ask before you buy."  Spending what is quoted for that unit, depending on the add-ons up to $3000, I would have a chat with the sales rep before purchasing.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.