Titoroki
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP z400 ps/2 keyboard not working

HP Recommended
HP Z400 Workstatio
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello everybody I have a hp z400 workstation wich have 2 ps/2 ports (1 for keyboard  and 1 for mouse) I cant use my keyboard on any of them but I tried it on another computer and it works fine, i have the last version of bios and doesnt have any adjust for the ps/2 ports. The model of the keyboard is: Acer 6312-TA

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,701 4,675 443 994
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if the ps2 keyboard works on another system, then you may have it attached to the z400 mouse port instead of the kbd port

since this is a very old kbd model, it's possible that it draws to mich current from the z400 ps2 port which was designed with newer low power kbd's in mind

if possible try another (newer model) kbd on the z400 if that also hfails to work

you have a bad kbd connector on the z400, or a defective ps2  circuit on the motherboard

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation