Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP z840 bios 2.26 reboots after some time the time seems random. I thought it might be CPU temp I replaced thermal compound with 25% silver type no change problem persists. I ran hwinfo64 and watched temp sensors. It would be helpfull to know what are the maximum temperature before reboot. I thought it might be windows related however on a few occasions the workstation rebooted during being in bios config menus. The strange thing is if I run a memory diagnostic test the workstation seems not to reboot at all. Any one have any ideas? Diagnostic procedures? Should I update bios? Perhaps try the offline diagnostic iso? Thanks for your time in advance.

HP z840 2 x e5-2650v3
Micron 4x 16gb PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC
1tb SSD, 240gb SSD, 2 x 2tb sata
NVIDIA 2080Ti
Windows 10 64bit, ParrotOS (Linux 64bit)
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

look at the windows log files (not the files it creates when it blue screens which are DMP files) but the log files it creates as it boots and is running this can be viewed by looking at them from "event viewer" check the application and system log files

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.