Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hey Everyone,

I know this thread already exists but there is no response to it that can resolve this issue

maybe someone can help me, here.

The detachable keyboard on my HP zBook x2 G4 Workstation is having a weird issue. I can only use the keyboard when it is DEtached from the laptop - via bluetooth. As soon as I attach it, it doesn't work anymore. I have no idea how this happened. I googled the issue and only found people having problems getting it to work via Bluetooth. With me it's the other way around. Anyone had the same issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@harrycallum1 wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I know this thread already exists but there is no response to it that can resolve this issue

maybe someone can help me, here.

The detachable keyboard on my HP zBook x2 G4 Workstation is having a weird issue. I can only use the keyboard when it is DEtached from the laptop - via bluetooth. As soon as I attach it, it doesn't work anymore. I have no idea how this happened. I googled the issue and only found people having problems getting it to work via Bluetooth. With me it's the other way around. Anyone had the same issue?

Hi there I have found this answer from net and I think it is helpful to you.

We have seen the issue! That's good!

We have only seen it on one system in the lab... that's bad. 😞

It can be fixed! That's good!

The fix requires you to reset Windows 10... That's bad..

Ok, seriousness now. The 3rd Level team here did have a single unit that they have seen this on and they did a Windows 10 re-installation, but that didn't fix it, but when they reset that new installation, it fixed the issue. The sad news is that because we can't make it fail at will, and we have only see it happen once, it's hard to come up with a less intrusive fix.

The team here would love to get their hands on your system to see if it can help them devise a proper fix, but I can understand if yo don't want to do that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.