Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

yes, swapping cpu's in the sockets is recomended  AFTER YOU TRY THE MEMORY as you don't want to be messing with those pins in the sockets unless nessary

it's not nessary to swap video cards, the error you have is not related to video at this point

resetting cmos is ok to do

HP Recommended
Hi thanks for all your help. I ended up returning the machine. I'm going to buy the same one from a different seller hoping that it's ok. This time I'll be able to test it. However, do you think I should get the XW9400 with the CPU Fans+heatsink or Liquid cooled? I would like to know which is better and wouldn't have problems. Thanks
HP Recommended

liquid cooling while more complex, can make less noise and provide more stable cooling and can lower inside case temps.  it is also something that needs to be semi checked every 9-12 months as even AIO (All In One) sealed coolers can loose liquid over the years, and other than monitering baseline temps no other matainance needs to be done with the sealed liquid cooling option

my personal opinion is if liquid cooling does not add that much more cost  over a non liquig cooled system,...get it

HP Recommended

Hi there again, I returned the XW9400 and went to another seller with the same one who agreed to make it 80, instead they took 50 and gave me another two units with it. I was lucky, but on the main unit there's a problem, after installing the wireless PCI antenna to the PC and installing the drivers for it the OS became unstable and wasn't responding even after restarting it. The system was stuck on "starting windows". I took out the wireless antenna PCie and will try rebooting now. Any tips on how to fix this and make sure the system won't become unstable again. Thanks and I also wanted to know if the RADEON RX560 is compatible with my system 

HP Recommended

rule of thumb with new systems

power them on as the came configured, do not add anything to the system

install the OS, and all nessary updates, then run the system for a few hours rebooting several times. if ok perform a windows snapshot of the base setup

now start upgrading ONE ITEM AT A TIME,  IE- memory or CPU, not both

again do the power on,  and install nessary drivers for the new item, and if stable create another windows snapshot

the windows snapshots allow you to roll back the os to the previous snapshot before the latest driver was installed.

google on how tot use "windows snapshot" there are many articles on it, you'll find something you can follow i'm sure

once you have experence with hardware, and the Os you can add multiple itesms at once. but for beginers i strongly recomend one step at a time so you can easely determine what just caused the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.